The FreeX has been around for some time. However recently the price of it has dropped drastically (from $400 to $200) and therefore I felt the need to post this article. Watch the review below. Buy it here.
– Low price GPS quadcopter that comes with an included stabilized gimbal. Priced similar to the CX-20, 3D X8, and X380.
– Includes GPS position hold, altitude hold, headless mode, return to home/landing, and gimbal tilt control.
– Does not drop from the sky.Slowly descends to a landing when battery power gets low.
– Very fast quadcopter in altitude hold mode. Also extremely fast return to home.
– Gimbal camera mount is sized for GoPros. Other cameras can fit, but may require some slight modifications of the mount to hold them securely.
– It seems to have an electronic fence set at about 200 meters. You see the reviewer bump it in the video at 11:59, from which he couldn’t proceed any further outward. Believe this can be modified to allow further distance, but am unsure how to do such at the moment.
– Requires FAA registration.
Features: GPS,Radio Control
Functions: Automatic Return,Forward/backward,Headless Mode,Height Holding,Hover,Low-voltage Protection,Slow down,Speed up,Turn left/right,Up/down,With light
Built-in Gyro: Yes
Night Flight: Yes
Material: Electronic Components,Plastic
Kit Types: RTF
Level: Intermediate Level
Remote Control: 2.4GHz Wireless Remote Control
Mode: Mode 2 (Left Hand Throttle)
Control Distance: Above 800m
Detailed Control Distance: 1000m
Transmitter Power: 8 x 1.5V AA battery(not included)
Model Power: Rechargeable Battery 11.1 V, 3000 mah
Flying Time: 14-15mins
Product weight: 0.840 kg
Product size (L x W x H): 28.00 x 28.00 x 19.10 cm / 11.02 x 11.02 x 7.52 inches
Package Contents: 1 x Quadcopter, 1 x Transmitter, 1 x SKYRC E4 Balance Charger, 1 x Battery, 1 x Disassembling Tool Set, 1 x English Manual, 2 x Landing Gear, 1 x Gimbal