I love the JXD 509W. It has an altitude hold feature that makes flying in FPV extremely easy because it can automatically maintain a steady altitude without the need of a pilot input. However, this drone does have some considerable draw backs that you need to bear in mind. Continue reading this article to find out why.
Pro’s Of The JXD 509W
- If you opt to buy the Wifi version of this drone then you will save a big $30 over the 5.8Ghz model.
- As mentioned above, I love the altitude hold feature. It works really well and lets you have a continuous steady flight so that you can focus more when in FPV
- It has a decent flight range of just over 80 meters. (This is less than the Song Yang SY X22 however.)
- It has an automatic landing function which lets the drone descend all the way down to the ground with the single press of a button (which is very handy when you have little battery.)
- Headless mode is great too.
Con’s Of The JXD 509W
- However, there are some drawbacks. If you do opt to save the $30 and buy the Wifi version, then your FPV video signal range is significantly less when compared to the more expensive 5.8Ghz model. However, the wiFi FPV video is smooth with little lag when the quad is close buy. However, the further afield you fly, the worse the lag and the quality becomes quite choppy with many frozen frames. I experienced this when the drone was as little as 30 meters away.
- The motors cannot be stopped quickly which could be an issue if the motor overheats – it will continue running after a crash.
Check out the flight demonstration below:
Item No.: 509W
Type: RC Simulators
Features: Radio Control
Function: Up / Down, Turn Left / Right, Forward / Backward, Left / Right Sideward Flight, Headless Mode, 3D Rollover, One Key Automatic Return, Film and Shoot, Atmospheric Pressure Sensitive Height Hold, with Light, WIFI FPV, One Key Taking Off / Landing
Age: Above 14 years old
Built-in Gyro: Yes
Night Flight: Yes
Material: Electronic Components,Plastic
Charging time: About 70min
Remote Control: 2.4GHz Wireless Remote Control
Mode: Mode 2 (Left Hand Throttle)
Control Distance: About 100m
Transmitter Power: 6 x 1.5V AA battery(not included)
Model Power: Built-in rechargeable battery
Flying Time: 8-10 mins
Dimension and Weight
Product size (L x W x H): 30.00 x 30.00 x 11.00 cm / 11.81 x 11.81 x 4.33 inches
1 x Quadcopter, 1 x Transmitter, 1 x Phone Holder, 1 x Screwdriver, 1 x USB Cable, 4 x Propeller, 4 x Propeller Protector, 1 x English Manual, 1 x Battery