It has been a while since Fatshark released a new set of FPV goggles. The Dominator HD V2s were a huge success and therefore Fatshark has already set the bar high. Fatshark has produced another set of FPV goggles called the Fatshark Dominator SE.
Fatshark claims that these goggles are meant to be cheaper than the HDV2 but at the same time provide the same level of performance in terms of video quality and comfort. You can pick these goggles up here for $349.95 USD.
What’s In The Box
The following information is probably all correct, however since no one has actually received these goggles we may have got some of it wrong…
We think that the Dominator SE (FS1065) comes with the following:
- – Battery charge adapter cable.
- – 7.4V 1000mAh battery with LED indicator
- – Spironet RH Omni antenna
- – Raceband 5G8 Receiver module
- – Tall Zipper Case
- – Dominator SE Headset with Fan equipped Face plate
- – Startup manual in English, French, Spanish, Italian and German languages
- – 2 sets of foam and the walcro plate for the face place
- – one set of two -2 Dioptre correction lenses
- – Lens cleaning cloth
There are a few things that stand out to me. Firstly, I’m surprised (and relieved) that Fatshark are finally including an antenna with their goggles. This is a small issue that lots of people have been complaining about and I’m glad they have listened.
Nevertheless, for $350 I would be expecting a battery that is more than 1000mAh. To be honest, you can easily just switch up the battery but that will include an extra cost which is a little bit annoying. It also does not come with a battery charger so you will have to order one for $18.
Fatshark Dominator SE Specifications:
Here are the specs of the Fatshark Dominator SE Goggles.
- – 59-69mm IPD range (adjustable with sliders on the bottom)
- – VGA 640×480 LCD Display
- – NTSC/PAL auto signal selection
- – Modular head tracker bay (No head tracking module included)
- – Modular receiver bay
- – DC In: 7-13V for 2S or 3S batteries
- – Integrated DVR.
The specs on these things are not great considering their price tag. There is no HDMI or DRV and
features like head tracking are not included. It has a VGA 640×480 display which is the same as the Attitude V3 (I would expect at least 800×480 for $350.) I do really like the orange and black colour scheme and the fact that you can use 3S batteries with these goggles is a bonus too.
Overall I don’t quite know what to make about these goggles. I’ve ordered a pair and will be reviewing them as soon as I get my hands on them. However my first impressions are that Fatshark is using old technology on a rather pricey ‘new’ set of goggles.
I think that the release of the Fatshark Dominator SE Goggles combined with the discontinuation of HD V2’s means that the Dominator HD V3’s are soon to be released? Leave your thoughts and comments below. Thanks!