The Xinlin X181 is something that you need to buy if your looking for a powerful, fast drone that will train you up before entering the realm of FPV racing. I recommend it to intermediates who are looking to become advanced.
On this page I will list both the pro’s and the con’s of the Xinlin X181, and there will also be a video giving you a hand’s on idea of what this drone is all about.
Pro’s of the Xinlin X181
- (Despite false advertising explained in the video and in the “Con’s” section) Xinlin have equipped this drone with some big direct-drive brushed motors. By adding motors of this size and thrust onto a small quad, you will be getting a flight performance which is quite similar to a brushless FPV racer’s. Indeed, I am quite surprised that no one has tried a weight to thrust ratio in a drone like this before. If they have then please comment below and tell me. Incase you are unaware, brushed motors are way better than brushless motors in terms of price (they are cheaper) and ESC’s of brushless motors can sometimes fail you.
- The quality from the 5.8Ghz FPV video is decent! It’s not choppy but not 100% smooth all the time.
- The FPV video range is good. We were able to get the Xinlin X181 over 100 meters away and FPV video feed did not cut out.
- Headless mode works well.
Con’s of the Xinlin X181
- There was some false advertising in respects to the brushless motors, true 720p video, or altitude hold (it didn’t have any of these features.) However, with that being said, it’s flight performance was spectacular and therefore I have forgiven them for these hiccups in their advertising.
- It weighs 283g with the battery means that you need to have a FAA registration.
Here is a flight demonstration. In the video you will see the pro’s and con’s debt with hands on. Enjoy!
Brand Name: XINLIN
Item Name: X181 FPV Navgator X6 RC Quadcopter
Color: Black, White
Frequency: 2.4GHz + 5.8GHz (Video transmission)
Transmitter: 2.4GHz 4 channels vs 5 Inch LCD
Gyro: 6 axis
Flight time: around 7 minutes
Charging time: about 150 minutes
Remote Control Distance: About 100 meters
Battery For Quadcopter: 7.4V 1300mAh lipo Battery (included)
Battery For Transmiter: 6 x 1.5V AA Batteries (not included)
Night Flight: Yes
Maximum memory expansion: 16GB (not included SD card)
Function: FPV / ascend / descend / forward / backward / side flying / low/high speed / 360°rolling action / hover / 3D / LED / video recording / sound recording / picture shooting / 5.8G transmission / CF mode / One keyreturn
Advertised Features (some of these features may be inaccurate):
Same as the brushless motor, provides strong power to the quadcopter. (uses large brushed motors)
-5.8G FPV 2MP 720P HD camera, High resolution camera gives you more clear and high quality wonderful views from different angles. (2MP 720p “interpolated” from 480p analog picture/video of receiver screen)
-5 inch LCD transmitter screen. Real time video watching and photo capturing, enjoy the flight entertainment at ease.
With sound recording function.
It has 6-axis gyro which can have more stable flying and be easy to control
With Headless Mode, no need to adjust the position of aircraft before flying
One key to return function makes it easily to find the way home
Super bright colorful LED light, make it more dazzle beautiful and colorful night light
With High Hold Mode (mine did not have this feature)
1 x XINLIN SHIYE X181 FPV RC Quadcopter, 1 x Transmitter, 1 x 5.8G 2.0MP camera, 1 x 7.4V 1300mAh Battery, 1 x Charger, 4 x Spare propeller, 4 x Protective cover, 2 x Landing gear, 1 x English manual
Thanks for reading this and if you enjoyed it please share it below.